2.00 pm - Welcome & Introduction
- Nick Hyner, Managing Director, EMEA - State of Flux
2.05 pm - 'Dash for cash' in COVID-19 times
During recent times, supply chains and supplier relationships have been tested like never before, putting procurement teams in the spotlight as businesses try to protect revenue and margins. Throughout the COVID-19 crisis we’ve seen two fundamental and quite different approaches emerge from procurement, i.e.
- A so called ‘dash for cash’ approach where procurement reverts to classic cost focused tactics, leveraging their buying power to shift the pressure to their suppliers.
- An ‘in it together’ approach where customers and suppliers use collaboration and transparency to find the way forward.
- Presented by Roger Davies, Former Procurement Director - John Lewis Partnership
Interviewed by John Newton, Product Management Director - State of Flux
2.25 pm - 2020 Research key findings: Supplier management at speed
We will be sharing key market trends and insights from this year's survey with a focus on the COVID-19 crisis and the need for speed in implementing supplier management.
- Presented by Robert Hoad, Commercial Director, EMEA - State of Flux
2.45 pm - Supplier Innovation in the COVID era: the role of Procurement in building strategic advantage
With the extraordinary impact of COVID-19, the role of Procurement in unlocking Supplier Innovation has arguably never been more important. Rory Lamont, Group CPO at Hitachi Rail, will be sharing insights on how Hitachi is approaching this challenge across its global supplier base, and the key steps it is taking to secure the all-important “customer of choice” benefits as a preferred partner for supplier innovation.
- Presented by Rory Lamont, Group Procurement Officer - Hitachi Rail
3.05 pm - Live Q&A
3.25 pm - Closing remarks